QUEEN MARY 2020 "JUMP ROPE FOR HEART" CAMPAIGN!!
Every couple of years, Queen Mary hosts a "Jump Rope for Heart" campaign to raise funds for the Heart & Stroke Foundation, raise awareness about heart health and stroke prevention and to SKIP OUR HEARTS OUT!
On February 28th, Anna from the Heart & Stroke Foundation joined us for our assembly at school. Anna, herself, survived a stroke at the age of 23. She gave a powerful, informative and fun presentation to kick-off our two week campaign!
We all learned about the E.A.S.Y. way to build healthier habits, the F.A.S.T. way to recognize the signs of a stroke to get help, and how our fundraising efforts are so important to people of all ages. Please ASK your child to share what they know or remember about "EASY" or "FAST" ... and to practice or SHOW-OFF their skipping skills.
EVENT ASSEMBLY - Friday, February 28th, 2020
SKIPPING PRACTICE & EVENTS - March 2nd to March 13th
FUNDRAISING (online or with envelopes) - March 2nd to March 11th
FINAL SKIPPING SHOWCASE - March 13th as part of Friday Fitness
ALL FUNDS DUE TO OFFICE or TEACHERS - March 11th/12th
Here's how students and parents can help and be involved:
- Learn and talk about "EASY" & "FAST" at home/school
- Skip at school, at home, outside, inside!!
- Goal for every student is to raise even a small amount (not asking strangers, only familiar people)
- Go to "jumpropeforheart.ca" to join "Queen Mary" school for on-line fundraising or for general information
- Parents are welcome to join to skip with us on Friday, March 6th and/or Friday, March 13th. (bring a rope IF you have your own!)
THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL SUPPORT!