TRACK & FIELD SEASON – Queen Mary Royals! Track & Field season started TODAY April 13th and is open to participation by students in Grades 3-7!
PRACTICES For All Team Members are:
· Tuesdays: 12:30-1:00 pm (eat light lunch at 12:10, eat more after practice!)
· Wednesdays & Fridays: 7:55-8:50 am (bring extra recess or lunch nutrition)
MEETS (two mini-meets plus Zone finals): Team members are required to participate in BOTH of the VSB Mini-Meets, in order to be eligible to compete at the VSB Zone Finals on May 24th at Point Grey Secondary track. It is perfectly fine, though, to fully commit to practices only and not attend any meets or simply try out one of the mini-meets. - Juniors (G3-5) at Camosun Track (QE school) – Thursday, May 11th & Wednesday, May 17th (3:30-4:45pm) - Seniors (G6-7) at Camosun Track (QE school) – Tuesday, May 9th & Monday, May 15th (3:30-4:45pm) - Zone Finals at Point Grey – Wednesday, May 24th (Juniors 8:30-12:30 / Seniors 1:00-3:30)
EXPECTATIONS for all Queen Mary Royals Team Members are as follows:
· Attend ALL practices and be on time (speak with coach if having to miss practice); rain or shine.
· Wear shorts/track pants and running shoes to train safely and effectively (bring layers).
· Demonstrate maximum effort, respectful listening, excellent sportsmanship and team spirit.
· ALL team members are expected to learn and train for ALL events – Shot-Put, Long Jump, High Jump and Running events (4x100m & 4x200m relays + 600m or 800m individual races).
· All members are encouraged to attend at least one Mini-Meet; both Mini-Meets to qualify for Zones.
· Team members who attend VSB meets, should be willing and prepared to compete in ALL events.
· QM athletes are expected to abide by the QM school code of conduct at all practices and meets. Please complete the parent/guardian permission form attached and return it to Coaches at practice or Ms. Erin in the office by Wednesday, April 19th in order to allow your child to participate this season.
WEAR SPORT SHOES, SHORTS AND BRING EXTRA BIG SNACKS AND WATER BOTTLE FOR PRACTICE DAYS. Dry socks is always a good idea too!
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Safe Arrival 604-713-5464 Press 1